1. Are you a licensed day care?Yes, we have been licensed since 1990 in the Longview area.
2. What age children do you serve?18 months – 12 years.
3. What is your adult to child ratio?At SeeSaw, we strive to have a ratio of 1:15.
4. What are your hours of operation?For childcare – 6:45 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For afterschool – (out of school time) – 6:15 p.m.
5. What months is your program available?SeeSaw Children’s Place is a year round childcare provider offering Afterschool care during the school year and full day care during the Summer months and on school holidays and teacher in-service days. We are only closed for certain holidays throughout the year to include New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day following, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
6. Do you have financial assistance for families in need?Yes, SeeSaw is a provider for Child Care Services, Rising Star assistance. We also receive funding for scholarships from Greater Longview United Way, Gregg County, City of Longview, Longview-Greggton Rotary and other private donors. Parents must meet necessary application requirements for assistance. See FORMS for application.
7. What type of curriculum do you use in your childcare programs?SeeSaw Children’s Place uses the Pinnacle School-Age curriculum in our Afterschool and Summer care. Activities in our Afterschool program include, but not limited to, healthy snacks, computer centers, homework help and age appropriate centers. Our Summer care includes, but not limited to, field trips, age appropriate centers, theme-based activities about a designated theme, making crafts, and having fun while they learn.
8. What are your hours of operation?During the Afterschool care, we are open from the time public schools are released until 6:15 PM, Monday through Friday. On early release days for the schools, we are open at the time of the early release. During the Summer care, holidays and teacher in-service days, we are open from 6:30 AM until 6:15 PM, Monday through Friday.
9. What experience does your childcare staff have?SeeSaw Children’s Place is very fortunate to have caring, devoted staff members working with our children. We have several staff members that are presently employed in our local public schools as well as some teachers retired from the public school system. All of our staff have either Child Development Associate credentials or Child Development classes, and are CPR and First Aid certified. They love children and enjoy the work that they do. Employees are required to pass a Criminal Background Check with FBI finger printing.